When the second, even bigger giant mosquito from space appeared three years later, no one believed the earth would survive, since it's nuclear arsenal had been exhausted in the first movie. But, luckily, hero professor Luke Billings and his rascally nephew Brian were able to devise a special mosquito virus that tore the second giant mosquito from space apart with violent spasms.
One year later, a third giant Mosquito appeared at the edge of the solar system. How foolish everyone felt when they learned that THIS mosquito was immune to the virus from before! As the mosquito bore down on earth, it's magma probiscus slavering with delight at the idea of a tasty lava treat, everyone looked to hero professor Luke Billings, his rascally nephew Brian, and their caught-up-in-the-mix Italian American hairdreser friend Vinnie to save them. Could they do it? Audiences learned that yes, they could, when the three of them teamed up on an idea so crazy it just did work: they painted the moon to look like earth then hurled it and the confused mosquito into a passing black hole.

Now, only six months later, the world is finally at peace. But suddenly another giant mosquito from space emerges from behind Saturn with his sights set on our beloved planet! Professor Luke Billings, handsome nephew Brian, crazy Vinnie, and introducing Chow Yun Fat as martial arts entomologist Tiger Formic must somehow divise a way to stop the giant mosquito from space from getting to earth and sucking it dry! Will they succeed? Giant Mosquito From Space IV: another Giant Mosquito From Space. In theaters this flag day.
1 comment:
Hey Steve. long-time reader, long-time basketball star here. I like this idea about a Giant Mosquito. I like it a lot. You know what I did? I thought about it. I thought about what you wrote and what you didn't write - what you said without saying. First off, by "Giant Mosquito from Space IV" the world is hanging on by a threat. There's no moon, dude! That thing's gone! Sacrificed! And I mean, there has GOT to be tidal implications. There's got to be! And what about how dark it is at night! The world must dread the sunset, because if a giant mosquito from space wanted to attack, who the hell would see it coming. And with no moon, does that mean that every lady's menstrual cycles got all bejiggered? So yeah, just a ton of stuff to explore.
NEXT thing that I caught on to was the implications of a lava disease. Mosquito's are big time spreaders of disease, dude. People sick from them a ton. And nobody's even asking what lava would be like if IT got sick! I know malaria is more of a people disease, but as far as I know barely any research has been done to know what kind of diseases lava can get. And what if the disease is taken by the government and weaponized? Scary stuff.
And I'm sure you know already, but get this- The BIGGEST elephant in the room of implied but not said things in Mosquito from Space IV is Where the fuck they coming from? Space I know, but WHERE in space? Everyone on Earth, lava included, should all be scared shitless that the last Giant Mosquito was just hiding behind Saturn. Seriously! That's 4 giant mosquitoes! Get proactive on this shit. Luke Billings ain't gonna be around forever. If those mosquitoes are coming from our very own SOLAR SYSTEM, build a ship or a rocket out of poison, paint it like lava, and go to town bastards!
So. Down to the buzzer, so to speak. Time to pass the basketball. I've said my piece. But you'll notice what I didn't say and just implied. This: Giant Mosquito from Space IV is thought provoking and something that we, as a society of people and lava, need to seriously think about. Maybe Giant Mosquito's are fiction, but the problems these fictional giant insects would create are quite, quite real. Your ball.
Post a Comment