OUTER SPACE
A huge shadow crosses over the moon buggy the NASA space program left on the moon. The audience hears a low rumbling. We don't see what's making the shadow, but it's got to be huge. The shadow then passes over a Chinese astronaut in a spacesuit doing karate moves in front of a space camera. The astronaut looks up, stares for a second, then grabs his chest over his heart and slowly falls to the ground. He was so amazed that he had a heart attack.
MAINLAND CHINA
A family of happy chinese people sit around a chinese couch watching the live broadcast of China's first man on the moon. A series of banners behind them reads "China on Moon!" in chinese. A young chinese boy, QUON. spits his noodles out all over the screen as he sees the poor astronaut hit the moon ground.
OUTER SPACE
A giant black shadow crosses over the sun-- the audience realizes that whatever this thing is that just showed up in Earth territory, it's literally bigger than the sun. Finally the camera pulls back to reveal.... OH MY GOD IT'S A GIANT SPACE SHIP THAT'S SHAPED LIKE A CROSS BETWEEN A DRAGON AND A DINOSAUR.
The earth floats by in front on it, puny by comparison.
TIMES SQUARE
Thousands of New Yorker's Stare upward at the massive ship above them. All of them are astonised, and several of them are having heart attacks like the chinese astronaut.
Close on BRUCE WILLIS, finally playing himself. He's on his cell phone. He glances up and does a double take at the massive ship.
BRUCE WILLIS: A ship...it's so big-- like a cross between a dragon and a dinosaur. (snapping back to reality) Demi-- go out side and look up. Call me back-- if you can. And Demi?
(pause)
Whatever happens, I want you to know that I ... I still love you.
Suddenly the jumbotron in times square turns off. There's an evil humming sound and it turns back on, and so does every television, radio, ipod, walkie talkie. and lightbulb. There's a few beeps, and then a voice as old as time screeches out from every one of those devices. It's scratchy and full to the brim with EVIL.
VOICE: WELCOME EARTHLINGS!! WELCOME...TO YOUR DOOM!
Cut to a man staring up at the sky. His nose starts bleeding. The camera cuts to a woman, who's nose starts bleeding also. Very rapidly we see thirty to forty peoples noses start bleeding, giving the (true) impression that everyone on earth has a bloody nose. Then it cuts back to Times Square, where Bruce's nose is really really bleeding.
VOICE: 20 MILLION YEARS AGO WE, THE MIGHTY DRAGOSAURS, RULED THIS PLANET WITH A CRUEL HAND-- A HAND WITH IRON CLAWS! THEN WE DISCOVERED HIGHER TECHNOLOGY, AND LEFT EARTH BEHIND TO SET OUR EVIL UPON THE GALAXY!!! HAHAHAHAH!!!!
Cut to a rapid succession of people going crazy with fear, banging their head agaist walls, crying, even getting out guns to shoot themselves with.
WOMAN IN ENGLAND: Please... no.
VOICE: AND NOW WE HAVE RETURNED TO EARTH TO FIND THE SICKENING APES WE LEFT BEHIND HAVE TAKEN OVER OUR BIRTHPLANET!
Cut to the Pope with a bloody nose looking up at the giant ship and paging rapidly through the bible for an answer. He's crying. Back to Bruce Willis.
VOICE: THIS IS A GREAT DISAPPOINTMENT TO US, AS WE HAD HOPED TO RULE THE PLANET ONCE MORE. BUT ACCORDING TO THE DRAGOSAUR CODE YOU HUMANS GET TO KEEP THE PLANET BECAUSE WE LEFT. WE WILL RETURN IN ONE MILLION YEARS!
BRUCE WILLIS: Huh?
The ship blinks out of existence. The sun returns. Bruce looks around and sees a lot of people with bloody noses. The jumbotron turns back on-- It's Berni Mac selling Pontiacs.
CUT TO BLACK
TITLE
NINE MONTHS LATER
THE HOLLYWOOD HILLS
Demi Moore and Bruce Willis sit on a beautiful patio above hollywood.
DEMI: Bruce-- we need to talk.
BRUCE: What about?
DEMI: Look, after the Dragosaurs everything was crazy.
BRUCE: Yeah-- I still don't know how to feel about it.
DEMI: The thing is, there were reasons we got divorced before the arrival of the Dragosaurs. And... and the reasons are still there.
Pause.
DEMI: We don't work.
BRUCE: What? I love you-- You're pregnant with my baby.
DEMI: I've been seeing Ashton again. And I love him.
BRUCE: No-- what? The dragosaurs... they...
DEMI: I'm sorry to put you through this again.
BRUCE: Oh God. Look, it's fine. I guess.... I guess that's just how this has to work.
DEMI: Thanks Bruce. I really care about you. I don't want to hurt you.
BRUCE: Well, should we tell the press now or wait for after Dragosaur the movie comes out?
DEMI: I don't know. Why don't we chill out for a while and then go talk to Paramount?
BRUCE: I'm going to New York. I need to be there. That's where this all started.
DEMI: Okay. Good luck. For now let's not tell anyone, okay?
BRUCE: Alright. I... I think I'm just going to get on a plane right now.
DEMI: Okay.
Bruce gets up to leave.
BRUCE: The baby-- is it mine?
DEMI: I don't know.
Bruce nods and step through the patio door back into the house. He closes the screen door with a shaking click.
{MORE TO COME-- REAL POTENTIAL HERE, AM I RIGHT?}
No comments:
Post a Comment