Wednesday, December 21, 2011

POTPOURI!


Hey Readers! And thanks for stopping by Screaming Good Screenplays, the nation's premier place to think about and talk about screenplays. I've been in the middle of a total creative fire recently and have written hundreds of pages of top quality screenplays in a matter of days! (Call it the "Holiday Spirit!") But like every great screenplay writer, I know it's important to focus my attention on one thing at a time. So I've decided to share just the loglines for my newest screenplays with my "co-brains" at SGSP. If you have a minute, please write some feedback in the comments. I'll choose the screenplay you like the best and develop it into a full length piece, and hopefully get it out to studios as early as February!

Love you guys!
Steeb

1.  Cop Squad
When a mysterious virus that only attacks cops decimates the Atlanta PD, it's up to detective Race Bullclaw (Detlef Schrempf in a career making performance) to find a cure.  

2.  Fart Planet
In a future powered by farts, America has to make a choice.  

3.  Gypsy Tears
When a gypsy learns she is infected with millions of squirming brain parasites, there's no answer but hope.

4. Free Cheeseburgers
A new cheeseburger machine destroys the world economy.  Aaron Eckhart is left to pick up the pieces.  

5. Bird Stampede
The national bird stockpile gets loose.

6. Freedom Junior 
 Onboard the Mayflower, a pilgrim learns to dream again.

7. Track Team
A highschool cross country team is mistaken for the Hungarian Olympic track team, with hilarious results. With Christopher Lambert as Coach Dalmer.  

8. Fun Size 
In this noir technothriller, the latest fad among teens is using a shrink ray to shrink yourself, and then hiding in a bottle until someone rubs the bottle, and then using a grow ray to grow yourself and then saying that you're a genie.  

9. Solid Crystal
An explosion in a calculator laboratory turns five scientists into The Calculator Team. Using their powers of math and graphing, The Calculator Team foils the heist of the century and wins the 1996 NBA championship basketball game. Starring Nate McMillan, Eric Snow, Sam Perkins, Steve Scheffler, and Shawn Kemp.  

10. Samurai Disco
80 feet below the surface of the Earth there is a secret disco with Samurai in it. To save Japan, it must be destroyed. Or must it???? Gandalf is in this.

8 comments:

Tru Libertee said...

Hey Stephen,

These are all (except 1) great screenplay ideas, but frankly when I arrived at your site today, I was a little disappointed that you didn't participate in the SOPA blackout like Google and Wikipedia and Reddit and others did. I figured you for more than a corporate shell. Guess I was wrong.

Disappointed.

Steeb said...

Hey Tru- Thanks for reading. I certainly understand why you would expect a site like SSGS!!!!! to go dark on this international day of online protest. I am very against SIPI and POPIN, as are pretty much every single one of my friends in the internet screenplay community. Unfortunately, the Ukrainian I hired three years ago to run this website is for some reason a very serious advocate of SIPA and POPPIM, and he flat out refused to make the necessary changes. The truth is I have forgotten the password to this SGSP!!! if I ever knew it, and now all I can do is respond to comments and email my screenplays to Viktor. He is the only one who can post screenplays, actually, and since he's on Ukrainian time they are rarely posted promptly (if at all). He's really got me over a barrel, to tell the truth. When he said he wouldn't do a black out I felt it best not to make waves.

I'm curious to know which one of my screenplay potpourri ideas you didn't like. Could you let me know?

Thanx,
Stephen

Tru Libertee said...

Hey Steve,

Thanks for getting back to me. While your excuse for not going black to protest SOPA is an obvious fabrication as imaginative as your admittedly awesome screenplays, I will overlook this faux pas and simply come to terms with the fact that you are simply the face of a vast corporation that produces top-notch screenplay ideas - a corporation that would have surely benefited if SOPA had come to pass. I may not like it, but I love entering the new and exciting worlds that the people from your corporation produce.

You had asked about the screenplay I don't like. Fair question. The one I don' like is Free Cheeseburgers. I find this too derivative of "The Danger of Delicious: A Gerard Reinstein Story" in which a pie machine destroys the economy.

Now until a month ago, I would have argued that pies and cheeseburgers are simply two different, and these two movies could exist all on their own, separate and unique. But last month I had the most delicious cheeseburger pie, Stephen. It was so good. Similar to a chicken pot pie, this pie was filled with cheese, beef, bun, and just the right amount of ketchup. This pie was to cheeseburgers what calzones are to pizzas, and let me just say this: Tru Libertee likey.

The movies are now the same, and frankly I didn't really like "The Danger of Delicious: A Gerard Reinstein Story" as I found that screenplay derivative of that Simpsons episode where Homer invents Tomacco - a Tobacco and Tomato crossbreed where you bite into the Tomacco and get a sweet high from the nicotine.

Steeb said...

Hey Tru Libertee! I love when people show an interest in my screenplays, but I hate it when people don't realize that cheeseburger pies aren't cheeseburgers OR pies, but their own special thing: cheeseburger pies. That's like saying watermelons are the same thing as grapes and cantaloupes just because they are a great combination of the two. Get it straight in your thinking, friend.

Drawing that conclusion was a huge mistake and it makes me sick. As for your other conclusion-- the one in which you accused me of being a fake identity created by a screenplay company-- that was a huge mistake and it makes me double sick. I'm standing in pile of my vomit, Tru Libertee, and your idiocy was the ipecac.

Number One Steve Fan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Number One Steve Fan said...

Hey community - I know a lot of people are anxiously awaiting Stephen's next a la screenplay. I am one of these people too. Still, I know that sometimes genius takes time. Let us not forget that there was a long period when Isaac Newton wasn't thinking of physics, and the newly established 12 disciples of Newton had to wait for his word and prophesies about gravity and friction and getting it on.

Steve needs time too. He'll write again, with his words. In the meantime lets create our own community with ideas that Steve can pull from. Maybe some title examples that will inspire him such as "Gun Stopper" or "Limo Driver" or "Gonna Getcha Gotcha" or "Apple Man" or "The Pretty Flower" or "Kick School" or "Pierce It" or "Piercing It" or "Lets Pierce It" or "Where Should We Pierce It?" or "Pierce?"

I'm thinking maybe we should also do a tribute site where some of us make fan videos that reference or expand upon Steve's previous works. In fact, I've made a tribute site at http://www.screaminglygoodscreemers.blogspot.com and please feel free to post your thoughts on Steve, fan fiction based on his screenplays, etc.

Steeb said...

Wow, more comments! as all of you know, I love being appreciated. And don't you worry: another blockbuster is coming down the pike with lightening speed-- I don't want to spoil anything, but I will say it's about a swat team member pushed to the very limits.
INTERESTED YET? INTERESTED YES.

Number one steve fan! Thanks so much for starting up that site, but on behalf of myself and the lawyer I would hire I have to ask you to take it down immediately. I have to demand, it really. The american public (and the french! and the german! and the brazilian! (YOUCH! GET IT?) all look to screaminglygoodscreenplays.blogspot.com as THE PREMIERE PLACE TO GET GOOD SCREENPLAYS, and also as the place to discuss all those great screenplays. Another site simply isn't needed. And as for your idea of writing "fan fiction" based on the intricate universes I create with a simple four straight days at a typewriter, I can't encourage it. It's a waste of time, since I as the original writer instantly own all your ideas as soon as you think of them. Some of you may recall the legal trouble I had when some chinese teens tried to make a comic book based on Realosity-- I had them beaten with bags of my fan letters. Ironic, no?

Number One Steve Fan said...

My Apologies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was wondering why no body had submitted anything at the blog I had mentioned, and I realize I had mistyped the link! The link should be:
http://www.screaminglygoodscreamers.blogspot.com. My fault entirely.

Stephen, as much as I love your screenplays and recognize your genius, I have to respectfully decline when you ask me to take down our new fan site. Of course, you are welcome to any ideas we create, but you need to also recognize that we sometimes feel removed for your genius here. Of course we'll still discuss your screenplays here as well, but we also need to be free to live. On your site, even our best screenplays will be 3rd rate material when compared to yours. On screaminglygoodscreamers, our stars will appear brighter.