Sam Peters was a great father with only one flaw-- he was crippled by terrible depression. But when the government takes his daughter away after his fifth suicide attempt, Sam loses his only reason for living: the love of his little Lucy.
A heartwarming tale based on events.
3 comments:
Um if she was his reason for living why did he try to kill himself befroe?
Hi. I was at work today and I had this idea for a screenplay that I thought might be cool. What if, at an office late at night, the building’s two janitors had a battle to the death? They could fight and fight all night, but then for the second half of the movie they would have to clean up the mess they made together or else they’d get fired for not doing their job.
(Scene starts in an office. There is very little lighting and it is very quiet. Closing Time by Semisonic is playing in the background. We see John who is a janitor. He is wearing overalls that are dirty. He is pudgy but he is a deceptively ferocious fighter. John dusts stuff for a while and vacuums while the song plays. As the song stops he cuts off the vacuum and is angry.)
John: Fuck I hate this cleaning shit.
(another Janitor jumps from the shadows. He is outraged)
Kun Tai: (yelling in caps) YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND THE ESSENCE OF CLEAN!
John: Oh, Kun Tai, we meet again. The night falls, the moon rises. And so we fight, as we always will until one of us is dead. You fight for your thankless minimum wage job and I fight because of it.
(With that, John charges Kun Tai and clocks him over the head with the vacuum.)
(Kun Tai is outraged)
Kun Tai: ANOTHER NIGHT BEGINS!
(Kun Tai grabs a pencil set that has already been sharpened and he starts chucking them at John. In slow motion, we see a pencil enter John’s neck, but it’s just a flesh wound. Then, still in slow motion, another pencil hits the first pencil right on the eraser, driving it deeper into the neck like a hammer hitting a nail. Fortunately, it was the side of John’s neck and it is still a flesh wound.)
John: You fuckin’ prick! (John rips the pencil out of his neck and a splash of blood covers the carpet. He takes a q-tip from his cleaning kit and uses it to plug up his neck hole.) Oh, Kun Tai, Kun Tai, Kun Tai. See, what you’ve just done is made me angry. You made me bleed on the carpet and as you well know, bloodstains are a bitch.
Kun Tai: I’m sorry, allow me to offer my fist as a token of my ingratitude. HI-YA!
(Kun Tai throws a death punch, but misses by inches.)
John: You’re getting old, Kun Tai!
(Kun Tai is outraged)
Kun Tai: AND YOU ARE GETTING STUPID!
(Kun Tai does a spinning helicopter fight and kicks John 3 times in one jump. John falls to the floor, wipes the blood from his mouth, and smiles. Throughout the ensuing fight, we learn that John is a master of street fighting, while Kun Tai is good at Shaolin Kung Fu)
John: There you go, Kun Tai. You just needed to be outraged! You haven’t kicked me like that in weeks! Of course, you’re going to pay for it. I am going to kill you tonight.
(John picks up a chair and hurls it at Kun Tai. Kun Tia dodges, but the chair was just a distraction, and John gives Kun Tai an uppercut that sends him reeling.)
Kun Tai: Ugh!
John: You need a minute? Take one. I’m going to kill you, but I want to savor it.
Kun Tai: I am outraged! You show me such insolence! Yes, John. One of us will die tonight. But it will not be me! I SHALL CLEAN MY SOUL WITH YOUR BLOOD!
Etc. the fight goes on for quite awhile. In my mind, the police eventually come, but decide to let them fight it out. I’d need help with that part. Also, while the John and Kun Tai are separated, we learn that Kun Tai is fuelled by cocaine, an addiction that shames him and is tearing him apart. By the end, it becomes clear that neither of these two heroes will not live through the night. They are too asteroids, crashing head on and colliding. Neither can survive. Still, they use their last bits of strength to restore the building and clean it, thus honoring their janitorial duties, and becoming closer, understanding each other. When the police finally enter the building, they are amazed that with all the noise they heard outside, the office is cleaner than it has ever been. They find John and Kun Tai’s beaten and bloodied bodies in the cafeteria, over a piece of paper that says “Friend” in both English and Chinese. This is my idea so far anyway. I need help though, writing this part. I’m good at writing fight scenes, but the emotional part is always difficult for me. If you have any suggestions, Stephen, I’d really appreciate it.
Lots of people are sad. You are not the only one.
Post a Comment