Sunday, October 08, 2006

PORKINS! The movie

All of my readers surely remember Porkins as the fat starfighter who gets the shit blown up out of him at the battle of Yavin, AKA the time when Luke Skywalker blew up The Death Star.



It was sad that he died, but isn't it even sadder that he was fat and named Porkins? And shouldn't we already be sad that he was fat and had a goatee?

The answer is yes, we should. And even more the answer is that we should make a whole star wars movie about the life of Porkins, the triumph and the tragedy of this character who's presense on the screen was all too brief. I mean, George Lucas has given up, right? Is he really going to go to the effort of suing us? No.

That poor fat bastard-- how frequently did the fat laced products he so often ate become lodged in between the hairs of his fat goatee? So frequently, I bet.

So the movie starts out with a young Porkins growing up fat and heavy on Mearth, an earth-like planet just like earth. In middle school he gets teased both for how fat he is and how ironic it is that he is fat and that his last name is Porkins. Also a few jokes are made about his teenage-goatee, which even then looked the opposite of futuristic and did nothing to conceal his fatness. And, of course, all those people teasing him are all like " I can't wait to join the empire and be best friends with the emperor at his birthday party."

But then guess what? Fat Porkins wins a free 3-D radio trip to a fun flight simulator at the galactic mall. Can you imagine how much people will love this? And, it turns out, Porkins is REALLY GOOD at flying space fighters. But then he gets the bad news: he is way too fat for getting into a TIE fighter. CUE hilarious weight loss montage: Porkins running around, Porkins sweating in a steam room, Porkins crying in front of a mirror with a lightsaber knife about to cut off a fat roll, Porkins getting TCBY at a the Cantina, Porkins being hypnotised by a Jar Jar weight-loss hypnotist. Then all of a sudden we're back at the TIE fighter sign up booth. A red-headed Geepazorpotron Alien is holding a tape measure and is like-- What are you doing here, Porkins? According to my measurements you GAINED thirty pounds since the last time I saw you.

Of course Porkins cries. He's like-- "I'll never get off this stupid planet. I'll never fly space fighters. FUCK!! Why did I have to be so FUCKIN' fat!!!"

So Porkins is just like, "fuck it, man: Fuckeryduck it." (trademark phrase) Porkins is at the end of his rope, and it is hard to hang on to a rope when you are fat. (phrase on box of DVD)

So Porkins gets weaker and weaker and finally collapses at Burger Emperor, which is the same as Burger King. When he wakes up, he's in a space ambulance. But then a nurse is like "we need your piloting skills for the rebellion. Will you help us?"

And Porkins says "Gladly. Sadly, I am too fat to fit in a TIE fighter." Cue the perfect moment of the movie where the nurse is like "We're using X-Wings now-- you will fit in them."

Porkins smiles.

Roll Credits.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Stephen. Like your ideas. Some of them are funny. Was looking at other comments and noticed people are also offering their own ideas. Thought I'd partake.

What I'd like to do is the King Arthur Legend, only updated to modern day.

Arthur, instead of a peasant, would be just some kid in high school. Kids pick on him, the cheerleader he likes doesn't know he exists, etc. In short he is a high school loser. He has NO friends.

Right by the school's football field there's this rock with a sword in it and the high school has this prophecy that whoever can pull the sword from the stone will be king.

So all the jocks try and pull out the sword, and none of them can do it. Not even the strong bully kid named Mordred.

Finally, as a joke, the jocks have Arthur try to pull the sword from the stone, and he does, very easily.

From then on, he is King of the high school. Merlin, the science teacher, protects him with magic, as Arthur recruits the most noble of students to serve on his Knights of the Round Table.

They fight off evil and Mordred on horses and at the end King Arthur marries Lady Guinevere who was the head cheerleader he liked before.

The movie would be a story of an ugly-duckling turning into a beautiful swan and fighting for righteousness and justice.

Anonymous said...

Hey. Looking outside today and I thought about the leaves falling from the trees. Strange, but inspiration can come from anywhere.

Soo....movie is about a leaf. Don't worry, it's CGI animated and very kid friendly

Leaf's name is Leif, and when the movie starts it's springtime and Leif is young and naive and is close to all of his friends. The leaves talk and rustle and they think they're going to be young forever.

Summer comes and they're green and fresh, in the prime of their life, and they're on the tree and maybe they have to avoid a catipillar that wants to eat them so they fold themselves up to look like a hungry bird.

All of the preceding takes place in the first 10-15 minutes.

But then Fall comes, and Leif is older and wiser and all of his friends are falling from the tree and he doesn't know where they're going. He believes their is an evil wizard named wind that is coming to kill them all. Leif folds himself into all kinds of different shapes, but Wind is persistant and soon he is all alone. He's terrified. Everyone who falls prey to wind is never heard from again.

And he's lonely. He's really lonely. He sits on a bare branch and he can feel his grip slipping.

"What is happening to me?!" Leif screams, as he is finally torn from the branch. He begins his freefall, but the wind won't let him rest. The wind carries him away just as he sees all the other leaves lying on the road, fragmented and torn to pieces.

Leif is terrified by this because to him, it's as if all of his friends were literally ripped appart and torn to shreds. We hear Leif screaming as he is flown away.

But how can Leif fight nature?

He can't. But he can learn a lesson. Leif finally lands in a families backyard, and he's scared and crying and wondering when he will be torn to shreds. But there, in the backyard, are thousands of other leaves. They're too far away, but soon a teenager rakes all of the leaves into a pile.

"Are we to be crumbled and killed?" Leif asks another leaf. "Yes! Isn't it thrilling! I'm so happy!" the other leaf responds.

Now Leif is confused. "Why are you happy?!" Leif asks. "Who wants to die?" The other leaf laughs. "Oh, Leif," he says, "We will not feel any pain. We are leaves! As we are crumbled we will become compost and nurture other trees so they might grow off of our substanance. Such is the circle of tree life."

As the movie ends, it fades out on Leif smiling because he finally gets it. He finally understands.

That's the movie. I think it'll work because even though the kids will enjoy the animation, the adults will enjoy the metaphor for sacrifice and growing up

Anonymous said...

Hi Stephen. Here's my contribution: A movie version of the TV show Grey's Anatomy. If you have not seen Grey's Anatomy, it is a doctor show that focuses on a girl doctor and her complicated love life. The show is famous for its banter, its sexual tension, and its odd quirky medical quandries. It is VERY hot right now. However, it is limited by the FCC censors and so it is limited in that sense. A movie version of Grey's Anatomy would not have these limitations.

I'm more of an idea person than a script writer, but here's a sample of what I'm thinking

Patient: My stomach! My stomach is falling out of my body!

Merideth: Shit! Shitshitshit! The blood is everywhere! This guy's gonna die if we don't do something fast! McDreamy, you've to do something!

McDreamy: I'm a fucking neurosurgeon!

Patient: Oh God. Oh God this is it. I fucking-(blood sprays out of his mouth and covers people)

McDreamy: Stat!

Patient(through blood): I have an STD.
Different Scene:-

McDreamy: I love showering with you.

Merideth: Yeah?

McDreamy: Yeah. You're beautiful.
(they make love in the shower)

(Outside the shower)
Izzie: George? Are you sure you want to do this?

George: Why not? We've been friends for a long time and you know I've always th-thought you were p-pretty...

Izzie: You stammer when you're nervous. You're nervous. We don't have to do this if you don't want to.

George: No, I want to. I do. I just...I don't want it to be like how it was when I was with Merideth.

Izzie: George. I'm not Merideth. And a tip? Don't compare a girl to another girl when you're about to have sex with her, okay?

George: Right. Sorry.

Izzie: Now let's get in the shower.
(Naked Izzie screams as she sees naked Merideth and naked McDreamy)

Izzie: Seriously?!

Merideth: Seriously?!

George: Seriously?!

McDreamy: Seriously.

All: FUCK!!!