Monday, September 26, 2011

Beep Donk


Beep Calculator is an electric robot programmed not to make any mistakes. But there's no way to program against the most powerful force in the universe: LOVE. But how can a nine-foot-tall dangerously strong parole-officer droid make it work with a 6 month-old severely disabled howler monkey? Especially after Beep steals him from a cancer research center? Especially since, whoops, Beep wound up destroying the cancer research center and a nearby hospital as he escaped with his true love? Who is named Scoop? So now the Federal Rogue Robot Destruction squad is after Beep, and he has no choice but to destroy wave after wave of their earnest recruits, even as his beloved severely disabled howler monkey, away from the medication he was receiving at the cancer research center, slips into a deadly coma.

Sometimes love just isn't enough. BEEP DONK.

2 comments:

Dicky Jango said...

Okay Stephen,

I'm not normally one to call foul ball. I'm not a baseball umpire. I don't do that. Angel Campos is a baseball umpire.

This foul ball stuff not normally being called, I will say that your screenplay idea sounds a little too eerily familiar to the entire premise of a show called "Johnny Sokko and His Flying Robot" (http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ll1z36WRaT1qzr8nao1_500.jpg).

While admittedly your screenplay replaces the Golden Lion Tamarin monkey with a Howler Monkey, and you have also renamed what was the "Federal Rogue Robot Destruction Group" to the "Federal Rogue Robot Destruction Squad", the similarities between the monkey cancer, the mystery of who is called Scoop, and a Parole-officer 9-foot-tall robot are a little hard to ignore.

In fact, I didn't ignore them. I'm pointing them out right now.

Listen, Stephen. I know that there was a whole prank thing where someone tricked you into thinking your work was going to be produced, but then it was a big stinky lie. I know that must have been hard. But you really do have talent, Stephen. Just because your work wasn't sold that time doesn't mean that it won't be sold in the future. This is important: YOU DON'T NEED TO STEAL IDEAS. You're good on your own, buddy! Much like the great Angel Campos of Major League Baseball Umpire fame, you've found your calling. Be true to what you believe in and to who you are. I believe in you and so does my friend, a little guy you might have heard of?! I'm talking about Angel Campos, Stephen.

I can understand your moment of weakness. Johnny Sokko and His Flying Robot was a great show. Its cancer monkey and its robot that was powered by electricity but motivated by love is inspiring, exciting, and inspiring again, but I know that what's even more inspiring, exciting, and inspiring again is something that was born of your mind and not remembered by your mind. Peace.

Steeb said...

Sorry pal-- I just don't see the connection here... A howler monkey is WAY bigger than a golden tamarin monkey. As much as four times as big, if my research is correct. And it is. It always is. So I don't know why you'd want to go around saying I'm a copier.

I suggest you drop the topic, Dicky.