Scientist Elmore Hoskins was the smartest man ever to graduate from Harvard. He was the smartest man ever to work for Dupont and the smartest man ever to work for Dow Chemical. He recieved over a thousand patents before he turned 60, all relating to inventions he created during his spare time. He was widely regarded as the foremost genius of the 20th century.
But now it's the 21st century, and Elmore Hoskins is nothing but an old, old man. As his brain succumbs to old age and his body deteriorates, he makes one last desperate rage against the dying of the light. Using the last of his financial and mental resources, he creates the ELDERBOT-- a mechanical body in which to store his failing mind.
And then he starts a punk band.
The street kids of New York catch on quick, and pretty soon "OLDERTRON" is the most popular underground music act in the city. But it's gonna take a lot more than a huge underground following to get the agents and major labels to take a chance on a robotic rocker with an electric mohawk and video cameras for eyes. It's gonna take all the heart Elmore's got, and then some. It's gonna take the biggest unauthorized street concert in New York City's history, and a contest between the most profitable punk band in the world (The Buttfuck Nuns) and a little old man in a little robot body.
OLDERTRON. Get ready to Robot-Rock.
1 comment:
Hey. I am confused. There are things in your Oldertron (capitalized) screenplay which do not make sensey to me. First there is the fact that this movie at first sounds like it is of the science fiction spectrum. But is it really? Because then it sounds (and I am talking about when Elmo {my nickname for character of Elmore} joins a punk band) like a movie for teen rebels. A rebellion movie. But if it truly in fact is a serious teen rebel movie, then I have question for you. And I think that if you look long and hard at your screenplay idea that you two will know what I am talking about. The language? I mean out of nowhere it says "The ButtFu*ck Nuns." Stephen I hope you are not too tied to this name. I think that it is inconsiderate for one and inappropriate for teens for two. The Pope. Maybe it is just me and this world is passing me by. Who knows. I am certainly older now. But with my age I have learned that there is a rating system imposed on movies and that people of a certain age can not even see a movie of a certain rating unless they have a certain person with them that is above the imposed age. So I ask you, "who do you want to see this movie?" and then my follow up question is "I think they're too young." This being said, I never the less like the idea. It will show what youthism really is (Is it how old you are or is it how old you feel? Is age really ain't nothin but a number?). Your screenplay poses and maybe will indeed answer some questions relating to both the young and old persons minds. Yes it does.
Post a Comment