Saturday, June 17, 2006

AFRICA: The Movie

JASON
It's so hot. And I have AIDS.

IAN
Listen to this interesting music!

JESSICA
I'm surprised at the cultural diversity.

JASON
I bought this AKA-47 for one nickel.

IAN
I am giving someone a bribe right now.

JESSICA
And the countryside is so beautiful.

JASON
Jessica, I am in love you.

IAN
I, too, am in love with you Jessica.

JESSICA
That is very sweet of you guys.

JASON
I am filled with dread that you will catch AIDs.

IAN
I want to go on safari with you, Jessica.

JASON
If anyone shows up with AIDS I will riddle them with bullets.

IAN
Earlier I bribed someone not to give you AIDS Jessica.

JESSICA
Do I really like this music? Or is it only because it is exotically different?

JASON
I taste a blood taste.

IAN
Everyone onto this packed bus.

JESSICA
Look, a chicken just wandering around.

(LATER)

JESSICA
I blame the corrupting influence of colonialism for much of the despair.

JASON
I fold into a tiny distant star.

IAN
Jessica, may I kiss you?

JESSICA
I see several hyenas near a thorny bush.

IAN
I am riding on a bus.

JASON
My hands are fists.

JESSICA
Is that a correct possibility?

IAN
Are you talking to me?

JASON
Ian, take a picture of Jessica and me now.

IAN
It is a memory you will treasure forever.

FLASH!

JESSICA
My backpack had been stolen.

IAN
If we develop the camera film the thief will be revealed.

JESSICA
A fitting punishment.

JASON
This road is in a state of disrepair. It indicates poor infrastucture. I pulled my fingernail all the way off to feel it.

IAN
Cattle: they are very valuable here.

JESSICA
I am certain whoever took my backpack needs its contents.

IAN
I agree with you. People are unfortunate.

JASON
Is this Kenya?

IAN
No.

JASON
Kenya help me out? By listening to this fact: Mt. Kilimanjaro is in Kenya.

JESSICA
I am homesick now.

IAN
Looking outside I think I will see a body.

LATER

JESSICA
I am glad to be back home.

JASON
I will never be the same.

IAN
My legs are cramped from the long flight home. The layover in Paris was not very long.

JESSICA
Africa was very great. I am glad that I was there. And

JASON
You cannot imagine two other friends you would rather have gone with?

JESSICA
Yes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

holy fuck what do you have here?

Anonymous said...

Crushed Purple Velvet: When the sun sets, and believe me,it will set, the sea will crest an orange wave.

Neon Butter: I cannot imagine it. It is not true. The color black, the color white.

Crushed Purple Velvet: Hark your eyes upon the ocean! Can you not see? The sun will set! The time is nigh!

Neon Butter: Alas, the time is no. I believed it once, though I could not think it. I believed and was battered, clattered. So I will not believe again. I dare not think it! I dare not!

Crushed Purple Velvet: It does not need you to believe. The sun will set, as it has set before. An orange wave will come. It will wash over me and babtize me with its glow. I am the phoenix.

Neon Butter: Your thoughts are those of a child. They are innocent. They are of a person who sees joy and selflessness. They are of a person who can ignore what he has seen. I am jealous of your mistaken impression of the world and it makes me angry.

Crushed Purple Velvet: You may join me, if you wish. You may come with me and be carried along by the orange wave.

Neon Butter: You talk of happiness! Hark your eyes upon this world. People die! Guns are fired! People are fired. Trees...are fired. Happiness has left this planet a long time ago. Was it ever here?

Crushed Purple Velvet: It is here. It calls to you, but you cannot hear it. Hear me. I will lead you to it.

Neon Butter: You go without me. I have tears to cry, my soul to die.