MEANWHILE BACK ON EARTH IN THE YEAR 2008
Suddenly time machines start showing up everywhere and people bust out of them with lazers-- you see, their plan is to murder the ancestors of people who pissed them off in the future. It's like the ultimate kill-- killing not only the person you want to kill, but killing all their grandparents back for five thousand years! And we poor humans with only our shotguns and .45 caliber handguns have to watch out for future crazies with lazers and old faded pictures of us! It's a fight to the finish. And the reason they came back to 2008 is because the lazer shield is invented in 2009. And finally one man realizes there's only one way to stop it-- hop into a time machine with huge nuclear bomb and set it to go off in the future. He destroys the future to save the past the only way he knows how. His name is Jake and he's a marine that's tired of doing evil work for the man and has moved to mexico to become an alcoholic and sad but good hearted executive body guard. And he's the best in the business.
DRONOMEOS: Reveangance from the space future.

This guy knows what time it is.
1 comment:
Yes! I love the dark future and the ultimate murder concept. In addition, what a beautifully flawed hero you have created with Jake. The idea, characters, and plot are all top notch, and I'm left only worrying about one thing. Can your dialogue hold up to the promise of your pitch? The reason for my concern lies in your choice of words. I quote: "...and no one gives a hoot anymore" (italics added). The term "giving a hoot" is very dated and definitely something that is unlikely to be used in the 7000's. And while I realize that you did not have any of your characters use the word "hoot," it is nevertheless worrisome that it is currently in your vernacular, and I fear that it may be a sign of a tendency to use dated language. Of course, this habit would stick out considerably in an (admittedly awesome) movie set in the future. My proposal to you: Would you be willing to sell the idea of "Dronomeos: Reveangance From The Space Future"? I feel I have an understanding of the English language that is strong enough for me to (somewhat) predict future terms and words but still make them understandable to an audience from the year 2007. For example, I would have writen, "because the population of the Earth has reached 80 Trillion and no one cares anymore." If you are, in fact, willing to sell this idea for a reasonable sum, please let me know. Thank you for both your time and your excellent idea for a screenplay.
Post a Comment